Demonstration Housing Project at Panchkula, Haryana
State Urban Development, Authority, Panchkula, Haryana finalized a piece of land measuring 7 Kanal and 4 Maralas (about one Acre) in Sector 27, Panchkula owned by Municipal Corporation, Panchkula for the construction of Demonstration Housing Project. After discussion with Municipal Corporation, Panchkula, an area of 1412 Sqmt. was allotted for the construction of Demonstration Housing Project to be used for working women hostel. Based on the discussion with Municipal Corporation Panchkula, plan of Working Women Hostel consisting of 40 units along with common area / Dining area, day care centre, care taker room etc. was finalized. The proposed DHP is in G+3 configuration and is being constructed using LIGHT GAUGE STEEL STRUCTURAL SYSTEM - Light Gauge Steel Framework System (LGSF) with Cement Fibre board on both side of walls and infill of rock wool. The DHP is undertaken as part of PMAY (U). The project is fully funded by Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs.
The onsite infrastructure development works include Boundary Wall, CC Road, pavements with interlocking tiles, landscaping, water supply, sewerage, Drainage, rain water harvesting tank, external electrification, Solar street light etc.
The details of the project are as follows:
- Plot Area for DHP : 1412.36 Sq.mts.
- Total Covered Area : 2015.95 Sq.mts.
- No. of Units/Rooms : 40 (G+3).
- Carpet Area of a unit : 21.86 Sq.mts.
- Each unit consist of a room with attached toilet and kitchen.
- Other provisions includes Guest Room Medical Room, Care Taker Room, Daycare Centre, Common Room/Dining Room and Laundry.
About the Technology
Light Gauge Steel Framed Structures (LGSF) is based on factory made galvanized light gauge steel components, designed as per codal requirements. The system is produced by cold forming method and assembled as panels at site forming structural steel framework of a building of varying sizes of wall and floor. The assembly is done using special types of screws and bolts. LGSF is a well-established technology for residential construction in North America, Australia and Japan and is gaining ground in India. LGSF is typically ideal for one to three storey high buildings, especially for residential and commercial buildings. Due to its flexibility, fast construction and durability, this technology has great potential for counties like India. LGSF can be combined with composite steel / concrete deck resting on light steel framing stud walls.
Technology being used:
- Isolated RCC column footing with Plinth beam
- Light Gauge Steel Framework System (LGSFS) with Cement Fiber board on both side of walls and infill of rock wool.
- Light Gauge Steel roof truss with MS deck sheeting resting on web joist and concrete screed with false ceiling of gypsum board.
Joinery & Finishing:
||Window Fame/ Shutter
- Pressed steel door frame with flush shutters
- PVC door frame with PVC Shutters in toilets
- uPVC frame with glazed panel and wire mesh shutters.
- Vitrified tile flooring in Rooms & Kitchen
- Anti-skid ceramic tiles in bath & WC
- Anti skid tiles Flooring in Common area.
- Granite stone on Staircase steps.
- Weather Proof Acrylic Emulsion paint on external walls
- Oil Bound distemper over POP on internal walls
The project is being technically evaluated by Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh.
||DHP Haryana Drawings