In ‘TunnelForm’ technology, concrete walls and slabs are cast in one go at site giving monolithic structure using high-precision, re-usable, room-sized, Steel forms or moulds called ‘TunnelForm’. An already established System for building construction in many countries, this system intends to replace the conventional RCC Beam-Column structure which uses steel/plywood shuttering. ‘TunnelForm’ system uses customised engineered steel formwork consisting of two half shells which are placed together and then concreting is done to form a room size module. Several such modules make an apartment.
- Stripping of the formwork from the previous day.
- Positioning of the formwork for the current day’s phase, with the installation of mechanical, electrical and plumbing services.
- Installation of reinforcement in the walls and slabs.
- Facilitating rapid construction of multiple/ mass modular units (similar units).
- Making structure durable with low maintenance requirement.
- The precise finishing can be ensured with no plastering requirement.
- The concrete can be designed to use industrial by-products such as Fly Ash, Ground granulated blast furnace slag (GGBS), Micro silica etc. resulting in improved workability & durability, while also conserving natural resource
- Being Box type monolithic structure, it is safe against horizontal forces (earthquake, cyclone etc.)
- The large number of modular units bring economy in construction.