“To nurture upcoming Indian individuals or technology ventures in the field of construction technology in housing sector in their start-up phase by providing all the support necessary to help entrepreneurs establish themselves before they scale up their ventures and to support entrepreneurs translating innovations into products and services that are commercially viable.”
Under Accelerator Affordable Sustainable Housing Accelerators- India (ASHA-India)initiative, incubation and acceleration support will be provided to potential future technologies that are not yet market ready (pre-prototype applicants) or to the technologies that are market ready (post prototype applicants) respectively.The ASHA-India Centers will also help in developing design guidelines, construction manuals and other necessary guidelines, relevant for effective use of such technologies in the region.
GHTC-India invited applications in two categories of Potential Future Technologies:
ASHA-India Centres will be set up at five host institutions namely:
- Pre-Prototype: which includes innovative technologies that are at ideation and prototyping stage, and essentially require further technical hand-holding through longer-term incubation to reach a viable product in the domain of construction systems and components.
- Post-Prototype: which includes technologies that have a working and viable product but require strategic guidance and acceleration to mainstream their product in the market, in the domain of construction systems and components, solutions that improve efficient usage of natural resources in housing and construction, self-help innovations, and digital technology solutions.
Potential Future Technologies in the post-prototype category will be accelerated with the objective of providing rapid and strategic learning, and a platform for xposure, networking and business opportunities.Acceleration will be conducted by MoHUA through its technical arm BMTPC, and in collaboration with Knowledge Partners of GHTC-India.
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- CBRI-CSIR Laboratory Jorhat, Assam.