Light House Projects - Salient Features
- LHP, shall mean a model housing project with approximate 1,000 houses built with shortlisted alternate technology suitable to the geo-climatic and hazard conditions of the region. This will demonstrate and deliver ready to live houses with speed, economy and with better quality of construction in a sustainable manner.
- The minimum size of houses constructed under LHP shall be in accordance with the prevailing guidelines of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban).
- Constructed housing under LHP will include on site infrastructure development such as internal roads, pathways, common green area, boundary wall, water supply, sewerage, drainage, rain water harvesting, solar lighting, external electrification, etc.
- Houses under LHP will be designed keeping in view the dimensional requirements laid down in National Building Code (NBC) 2016 with good aesthetics, proper ventilation, orientation, as required to suit the climatic conditions of the location and adequate storage space, etc.
- Convergence with other existing centrally sponsored schemes and Missions such as Smart Cities, AMRUT, Swachh Bharat (U), National Urban Livelihood Mission (NULM), Ujjwalla, Ujala, Make in India shall be ensured during the designing of LHPs at each site.
- The structural details shall be designed to meet the durability and safety requirements of applicable loads including earthquakes and cyclone and flood as applicable in accordance with the applicable Indian/International standards.
- Cluster design may include innovative system of water supply, drainage and rain water harvesting, renewable energy sources with special focus on solar energy.
- The period of construction will be maximum 12 months from the date of handing over of sites to the successful bidder after all statutory approvals. Approvals will be accorded through a fast track process by the concerned State/UT Government.
- Technology Providers successfully completing the construction of LHPs within the stipulated 15 month’s period of the contract (including 3 months for preparing relevant drawings and taking all statutory approvals from various agencies in State followed by 12 months period for actual construction) will be rewarded with USD 20,000 each. A further incentive for early completion is being provided wherein technology providers who complete LHPs in less than 12 months will receive an incrementally higher bonus of USD 2,000 for each month less than stipulated period of 12 months.
- For the subsequent allotment of constructed houses under LHPs to the eligible beneficiaries in States/ UTs, procedures of existing guidelines of PMAY (U) will be followed.